The Extended Care Program operates under the licensing rules of the Michigan Department of Human Services. As stated in the licensing rules, we will provide a developmentally appropriate program that will include all of the following areas:
- Physical development, including large and small muscle activities.
- Social development, including communication skills.
- Emotional development, including positive self-concept.
- Intellectual development.
Your child can expect to participate in the following activities daily:
- Quiet and active.
- Individual, small groups, and large groups.
- Large and small muscle.
- Child initiated and staff initiated.
- Not less than 30 minutes of developmentally appropriate emergent literacy activities.
- Living Christ’s message.
- Promoting academic excellence.
- Encouraging respect, responsibility and independence.
- Fostering a community of faith and service.
- Provide experienced staff to create a safe, clean and developmentally appropriate environment.
The Blessed Sacrament Extended Care staff will:
- Strive to help everyone recognize and experience the presence of God.
- Model Christ and the teachings of the Catholic Church in ways to develop and support on going faith formation.
- Encourage academic excellence by offering time to complete home work.
- Model respectful and responsible behaviors in all of our interactions.
- Encourage independence in a developmentally appropriate way for each child.
- Create an environment that fosters a spirit of stewardship and outreach.
- Provide a safe place for students by following state rules and guidelines for our program.
For more information and to register your child, please download the Extended Care Handbook 2019-2020.