Thank you for your interest in Blessed Sacrament Preschool! Our goal is to provide an enriching preschool experience for both you and your child within the Christian community of Blessed Sacrament Parish. The teaching philosophy of our preschool emphasizes learning through a variety of creative activities and guided free-play. Activities for each day are planned around a concept or theme such as the weather, colors, seasons, and holidays. We encourage positive peer interaction and help the children understand cooperation in the classroom.
Our preschool strives to maintain a curriculum that meets the child’s cognitive, social, and emotional development, and places a strong emphasis on developing positive self-esteem in each child by encouraging independence and responsibility.
- 3’s on Tuesday and Thursday, half or full day
- 4’s on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, half or full day
- Kinderprep 4’s and 5’s Monday thru Friday – half or full day
- Early Enrichment allows you to drop off your child for an extended learning opportunity anytime between 7:35 and 8:45 a.m. (available on a full time basis for a nominal fee).
Additional benefits that make Blessed Sacrament Preschool unique:
- High adult to student ratio. Teacher and paraprofessional daily if numbers warrant
- NO MONTHLY MEETINGS to attend for parents
- Classes are held in one large room, providing you the opportunity to be with your child during class if you choose to help in the classroom
- Maintenance of the facility and grounds is not the responsibility of the parents
Goals and Philosophy
- Provide an enriching experience for children and parents within the Christian community of Blessed Sacrament Parish
- Provide a developmentally appropriate classroom to enrich educational experiences for preschool children
- Develop a positive self-esteem in each child, encouraging independence and responsibility
- Maintain a curriculum that meets a child’s cognitive, social, and emotional development level
- Allow children to experience a variety of activities in a creative environment, including use of computers
- Help children to understand cooperation and encourage positive peer interaction
- Promote self-discipline with each child, using positive methods of discipline which fosters self-control and self-respect
- Provide a safe, clean and well-equipped classroom that is licensed by MFIA and staffed by a loving and qualified state-licensed teacher and aide
If you have questions regarding the Preschool program, please contact the Preschool Teacher and Director at firstname.lastname@example.org