If you are unbaptized, and wish to become a member of the Catholic Church,
If you are a baptized Christian who would like to become a member of the Catholic Church,
If you are a baptized Catholic seeking to complete your Baptism through the sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist, If you have been coming to church for years with your family and friends and just never made it official,
We invite you to the sacramental formation process that prepares adults through conversion for initiation into the Catholic community of faith.
The RCIA experience is a period of discernment, searching and discovery into the Catholic faith. Gaining some knowledge of who Jesus Christ is and what a personal relationship with Him might look like through a Catholic way of life. There will be opportunities of learning about the Catholic faith, Scripture reading and sharing in a relaxed environment.
The RCIA process has several distinct stages for this journey of faith development.
- Inquiry: the initial period before you decide to enter the Catholic Church. You’re asking questions and checking it out, but aren’t yet ready to commit.
- Catechumenate: those who decide to enter the Church and are being trained for a life in Christ are called catechumens, an ancient name from the early Church. In this stage, you’re developing your faith and are being “catechized” – learning catechism, or the basic points about Catholic faith and life.
- Purification and preparation: The Church will help you focus and intensify your faith as you prepare to commit your life to Christ and be received into the Church at Easter.
- Initiation itself, the culmination of the whole process! You’re received into the Church during the Easter Vigil Mass, where you’ll receive the sacraments of initiation: baptism, confirmation, and Eucharist. (If you’ve already been baptized, you won’t be baptized again.)
- Mystagogy: after reception into the Church at Easter, this period lets you reflect and learn more about the mysteries of the Mass and the Sacraments that you now participate in fully.
Please contact Chris for more information at 835-6777.