BLESSED SACRAMENT POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR INCLEMENT WEATHER AND EMERGENCY SITUATIONS
Saturday and Sunday
Weekend liturgies will never be cancelled. Cancellation of all other day and evening activities will be made by 7:00 a.m. and posted on appropriate television & radio stations.
- On-call maintenance employee will call Patrick Regier by 7:00 a.m. if there is inclement weather or an emergency and they will decide if activities should be cancelled.
- If cancelled, Patrick will call Kristyn who will post on website. Patrick will call staff focal points.
- On-call maintenance employee will put cancelled signs in the parish center entrances.
- All Saturday or Sunday activities are cancelled for the day and evening.
- Faith Formation
- OCIA (Order of Christian Initiation of Adults)
- Baptism classes if scheduled
- Youth Ministry
- Girl Scouts/Boy Scouts
- Knights of Columbus
- All family gatherings
- Any other activities
If Midland Public Schools are closed due to inclement weather, Weekday Mass is cancelled. The Parish Center is closed, and Faith Formation is also automatically cancelled. If children in the Midland Public Schools are sent home during the day due to inclement weather, then our Faith Formation sessions are cancelled.
- At Noon Patrick Regier will determine if the parish center will be open or closed for evening activities.
- A weeknight cancellation means ALL activities will be cancelled.
- Patrick Regier will take responsibility of calling appropriate people including MCTV’s message board (837-3474) with cancellations.
- If the Parish Center is open for the evening, program directors or groups may still cancel their specific event. The receptionist and maintenance should be notified if an event is cancelled to assist people who call or show up.