Becoming a Catholic
Here are some ideas for finding out more about being a Catholic:
- Talk to someone who is a Catholic and ask them about their faith and its importance in their lives.
- Contact the Faith Formation Office.
If you want to take the next step on this journey:
- Contact Fr. Rob or Melissa to make an appointment.
- The process by which new members are brought into the Catholic Church is called the Order of Christian Initiation of Adults, or the OCIA. It is best described as a journey of faith that passes through a number of different phases.
- The OCIA journey provides the opportunity for you to discover more about the Catholic Faith and to discern whether you want to become a Catholic by being baptized or in the case of other baptized Christians by being received into the Catholic Church.