Wondering what you can do for others now that we’re all at home? The Blessed Sacrament community is coming together to reach out to those in our parish who may be most isolated at this time by making Easter cards for our parishioners who are 65 or over! There are a lot of them, but if every Faith Formation and School family committed to making 10 cards, we should be able to send a note to every single one of them!
Here’s how to participate:
- Contact Lyn Pajk at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell her how many cards your family wants to make. If you have a family of 5, maybe each of you could commit to making two cards!
- Lyn will send you the names and addresses of your family’s pen pals.
- Make an Easter card or write a nice letter full of Easter joy to your pen pal. (Reminder: Wash your hands before writing your note or making your card! We don’t want to inadvertently spread germs through the mail!)
- Address your envelope and send it off! We recommend sending your letter by Tuesday, April 7 to ensure delivery before or by Easter Sunday!
- Or, if you’d like to drop it at the Parish Center, one of the Faith Formation staff will be happy to mail them for you. Last day for drop-off is Tuesday, April 7. The drop-off bin is by the Parish Center doors of the big parking lot.