Blessed Sacrament’s Knights of Columbus Council’s award winning “Wood for Warmth” project is being featured in an organization-wide publicity campaign. This includes a 3 minute video, an article in the monthly magazine, and the weekly message to all members.
The video was produced by an Academy Award winning production company from Chicago. Check out the links below.
What We Did Over the Last Year
- Delivered wood to 14 different families
- Gave those families about 150 face cords, maybe more
- Saw the passing of one of our own woodchucks, Dr Hurtibise. He truly will be missed.
- Saw the passing of two of our clients
- In general we had one event every week, cutting, splitting, stacking, moving wood or delivering
- Had two major cutting locations, 2 nice sized ones and 5 or 6 from which we collected some wood
- Had 4 or 5 offers of wood I am still trying to get to
- Stored wood at 3 locations Rupps, Lookers and Peters
- 150 face cord would have cost about $45 each or about $6,750, more if a delivery charge was added
- Had a professional film crew sent by Supreme to document our effort.